Wednesday 3 August 2011

T minus ONE DAY

I've toyed with blogging in the past but it always felt a bit forced -- and who knows, this might too! -- so it never really stuck.  I also figured, who gives a shit?  Why would anyone want to read what basically amounts to what I'm thinking?  But as I embark on this dream-come-true, a few friends have suggested I blog about our adventures and so it seems I might finally have something to blog about.  Not just a day in the life of Tara (zzzzzzzz!) but a day in the life of 127 acres of woods and water and sky and garden.

Today I have to finish cramming the contents of my life so far -- the last 15 years in Guelph -- into boxes to be moved into the honkin' 26 ft Uhaul that will fill my driveway sometime in the next few hours.  Not exactly a great time to be sitting around composing a first blog entry! and then we'll be on the road and without internet for who knows how long ... but I wanted to start this here, in the familiar embrace of my beloved home at 94 York Road.  Saying good-bye to the garden; to the trees that I've watched grow - some from seed, some from wee things that were carried home in my arms; to the aged wood (I love my 130-year-old floors and doors and thick trim); to the out-dated kitchen that has gracefully resisted Ikea-ization and served my family so well - how many meals we have shared held in its warmth.  But say good-bye I must, though I imagine it will be through teary eyes that I take my last look.

No comments:

Post a Comment